Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snow Day Snow Day Snow Day


There is a special thrill like no other thrill that can be described . ..when you see the name of the school you work at...scroll across the bottom of the T.V. ...with the word CLOSED after it! It's like getting an extra Saturday. Now all of you who work in offices are groaning and I bet you are thinking that I get to roll over and go back to sleep. However sleep on the day that has been given as a gift-no way!



First there is the "Snow Day...Snow Day...Snow Day" dance that takes place on the landing in the upstairs as Timmy and I celebrate. If you close you eyes I swear you can almost hear the similar cries from children all across the area. All the excitement of course leaves one wide awake. Now I actually have the time to make a warm breakfast, like eggs and bacon. Life slows down..the minutes do not rush by ..they instead pass at a leisurely pace. As I write this it is 11:23 and I am still in my Jammie's. This day, this gift of time should be savored, appreciated, and revealed in.

I could do laundry-but I won't.
I could clean-okay I did a little.

The possiblities are endless.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can still remember the anxious anticipation. Laying in bed with the covers pulled up tight, praying a silent prayer: Please God, let there be a snow day.

You so deserved an extra Saturday. I hope you stayed in your jammies all day!!!!!

Love and miss you guys so much.

Lisa