Monday, December 3, 2007

Let it Snow

Somehow the word busy just doesn't seem to do justice to describe the last 4 weeks. First I graded 505 report cards for two schools. I had two weeks of late night conferences 5 nights in all, next came Timmy's birthday on the 6th and then Kaylee's on the 16th. All of this was followed by Thanksgiving. The day after Thanksgiving the decorating began. The downstairs tree was decorated in the Theme of the Ginderbread man, and the upstairs tree all white to represent "Hope". Garland was drapped in the doorways, the porch decked in garland, Santa sitting on the porch, a decorated slide and two hand painted panels handing from the brick. When all was said and done the house boasted 2 manger scenes 6 christmas trees, a mantle full of collector Santa, and I THINK A TOTAL of 5 wreathes.


Not to be outdone Tim had his inflatable Santa and trees on display along with lights on both stories of the house.





Here is a quick look at the Cousins Christmas we held this past Saturday. I cooked 2 turkey's an 18 pounder and a 12 pounder, a pecan pie, a giant plate of cookies,and sweet potaotes with marshmellows on the top. Everyone who attended brought along food as well, so is was a feast for sure. The children decorated cookies and cracker houses and this year each made a gift for an aunt , uncle, or grandparent. The gifts were so percious.

The highlight of the evening for me was seeing Tim dressed as Santa handing out ornaments to the children. The laughter in the house made the hours and hours of cleaning before and after worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Neighbors,
Looks like another great time had by all. Wish we could have stumbled across the way to join in the festivities. Instead, I sat here alone . . . cheering as the Buckeyes took their rightful place atop the polls and into another Championship game (I'm hoping to have more than 14 seconds to cheer about this year!!!!) Glad you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Gary

Anonymous said...

Wow Mom,
Another big gathering this year! Sorry I had to miss it

Lisa said...

Hi Deboers!! Thanks for posting the pics. It made my heart sad not to be there, of course, but loved seeing Mr. Tim in his Santa gear. Looks like everyone had a great time and all of you enjoyed being surrounded by people who love you. I wish we had been among the gatherers since we love the Deboers, too.

I'll be flying in to Detroit on January 5. When I know what day we'll be getting to GR, I'll let you know so we can come visit!! We miss you guys.

Love,
Lisa