Thursday, December 6, 2007

Enough Recalls Already!


So today I heard of another toy recall- and I said to myself--okay self -everyone says you have to buy stuff made over seas, because we don't make anything over here any more. Then I reminded myself that I am not a person who easily believes others so.... I looked and guess what I found???????????????????
A list of toys made in the USA: • Battleship• Bicycle Playing Cards• Boggle Jr.• Candyland
• Chutes and Ladders• Clue• Connect Four• Crayola Crayons *• Life• Louisville Slugger
• Monopoly• Mouse Trap• Operation• Parcheesi• Play-Doh *• Pop-O-Matic Trouble
• Radio Flyer Discovery Wagon- so glad to hear this one-it's so American
• Scrabble• Sorry• Stratego• Tri-ominos• Trivial Pursuit• Yahtzee
• Melissa and Doug U.S.A. Floor Puzzle (Most puzzles are made in the USA!)
* Note: Not all packages of Crayola Crayons and Play-Doh are made in the USA -- please check the label.


WOW_ We do actually still make stuff here- This what I found online:
http://www.madebyyankees.net/

Buying it also means you are employing American Workers who are the wheel that drives the economy. Guess what the next surprise was??? Things made here are not all that more expensive than the junk we import-plus everything made here has to comply to product safety regulations! So I am sharing my web sites with everyone I can think of...No lead paint used products made in America. And we are supporting our own businesses.

For more information on how to buy American, visit: http://www.howtobuyamerican.com/

Guess I am in a patrotic mood!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Kelley, this is a fabulous message! Thank you for sharing it, as well as all the great websites. I can't wait until Katie's nap so I can peruse each and every one in search of good quality, American made toys.

Miss you dearly.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kelley,
I checked out a few of the sites and was surprised to see reasonable prices as weel. I ordered about 1/2 my shopping list. Those sites owe you comission!

Anonymous said...

Hey DeBoer's!,
I can't believe you have time to write this! Do you ever sleep? I just finished looking at your classroom webpage, borrowed a few lessons--you go girl---and now I find you've created a shopping list! I just threw out of bunch of the recalled toys and reading labels it making Christmas shopping take twice as long. Let's get together over vacation and have a kid free lunch!
Shirley