Monday, June 11, 2007

Schools out for Summer!



Amazing that 190 days have passed, computer keys have been tapped, papers have been typed, graded and discarded. Computer classes are over for a year! Those keyboards will now get a well deserved rest.

Servicing 2 schools and hundreds of students is a little like juggling on roller skates. On some days the performance is outstanding, other days I may get through a few too many balls to juggle and I may wobble a bit. However as I take off the roller skates for 9 weeks, I have to admit that I will miss the time on skates.

Attending the 8th grade graduation and being brought to tears by one of the songs the children sang reminded me, that every now and then it is okay to stand back and just enjoy. There is nothing quite like the feeling of seeing a children aspire. It is in the end, worth the time, effort, skating and juggling, just to see them reach out, aspire, and achieve.

While my keyboard may not be getting it's usual workout, and my sewing machine will. For a few weeks I will not aspire for much more beyond a straight seam. Rest assure I shall return...to the job I love.




Meanwhile we have lots to do this summer. To begin with Timmy will be taking Swimming lessons at Orchard Hills . Then Bible camp at Camp Moose Feather Falls at St. Mark Lutheran.

The following week is Mad Science Rocket throught Forest Hills Summer Recreation activities. Writers Workshop every Monday with private Tutoring for Writing skills. We hope to take in the zoo, the gardens, a basebal game or two and soccer camp to finish off August. Along with the organized activitries we will be spendiong many hours soaking in the nioce warm pool! So come back and visit often to keep up with my adventures as a stay-at-home mom for the summer:)

Orchard Hills Pool Timmy during Bible Camp





No comments: