Friday, June 15, 2007

Change

Have you ever noticed that life can follow a predictable pattern for a long , long time, and then suddenly-change occurs. Whether it is positive or negative, it affects our very comfort level. It requires adjustments, some subtle some large. I have to admit as I grow older that I am not as comfortable with change as I used to be. However-there it is-and now adjustments will be made.

So far both Tim and I are having a change in job status. He has left J & H Oil to look for work else where, and I will be serving different schools next year as well. Jamie left for California, and we lost a dear friend in Grandpa Bob as he now rests with Jesus. Our dear neighbors are moving back to Arizona and we will miss seeing our little "Miss Katie" grow up.



During this time of change we have experienced some happy moments. My favorite cousin got married last week and if I can judge by the look on her face she is really happy. The weather has been a blessing and I have gotten in a lot of pool time. Timmy did very well in school and is taking swimming lessons and going to rocket camp.

I am grateful that there are a few things that remain constant in our lives. I have a husband I will have been married to for 22 years on June 28th. I have 3 great kids whom I love dearly, a wonderful sister-in-law who I can always talk to, friends who garden with me, an aunt who quilts with me, and a loving God who watches over me.

So during this time of change- pray for us the accept God's will and embrace this changes!
In His Love,
Kelley

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ok, Kelley, you've gone and done it! I cried when I told Sara and Boris we were leaving, and I was doing so well since then containing the waterworks. Now I go and read your post and I'm a blubbering idiot!! Of course we will be back to visit the DeBoers when we're in town, and, you know, there will be an open door in the desert for the DeBoers, too, because Miss Katie needs Smarties, you know. We love you guys. It's official. You've been the Best. Neighbors. Ever!!