Thursday, June 28, 2007

22 Years and Counting



You guess it...Tim and I have been married 22 years today as of 7:00 EST June 28th. Back in 1985 we were both much thinner, Tim had more hair and my blonde was natural. Together we've weathered the loss of my parents and of his father. The birth of our children, potty training, drivers training, job training and the dreaded time of "boyfriends" for our middle daughter.

There have been numerous soccer games, swimming lessons, tutoring, and even baseball...snooze snooze. We watched graduations, first teeth, lost loves, and twice annual parent teacher conferences. We've managed to raise 2 children to adulthood ('cause you know after age 18 THEY know everything...tongue in cheek), and the last one at age 9 keeps us young.


Along the way we have managed a few vacations, a couple of get aways, and loads of laughter and tears. Through it all we have grown together. We've reach that place where at times we can finish each others sentences, and yet at other times still be surprised by the others reaction. We have at the very least kept those promises we made at the altar all those years ago! To Love, honor and Trust!!!!!!


I have no idea what gift is assigned to year 22-for us it is the year of rubber Coleman boats to cruise down the river on, and a lovely vase of roses from my dearest husband. When I look into his eyes I still see the man I love..can any women ever ask for more?
22 years and counting!

No comments: