Monday, January 19, 2009

The sun Shines in Michigan-Sometimes

This morning Timmy and I went to school on snow covered road-but the blizzards are for now-at bay. The sun managed to push the clouds away and send it's rays down to give a sparkle and a lift to the snow capped trees. It lifted my spirit as well. There is something so hopeful in the rays of the sun. You cannot take a moment of sunshine for granted during a Michigan WInter. It begs us to savory the moment, it teases us to think ahead to the warm spring, but most of all it makes us lift our head skyward.

I remember Timmy asking me if God was the the sun.....I guess since he there in all things-he is indeed there. So I guess I saw God today-or as a better way of explaining it-I felt for a moment that innate promise that lies beyond every winter. Under the cool blanket of snow lies life---just waiting.

So as Timmy works on his homework I am allowed a brief moment to recall that I would not treasure Spring so much-if not for winter. Tomorrow a new president-a new day perhaps new hope for better days ahead.

No comments: