Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inaugual

I watched the Inaugural address in the classroom of our Spanish teacher. The speech brought tears to my eyes. I was especially to happy to hear that civil liberaties wil be restored, and no longer will we throw people into jail and refuse them a trail.

I was also impressed with the call for sacrafice and the challenge to raise above the times and use the resources of our people to make the nation great.

Can we consider:

Free AND Fair Trade
Balance between civil liberties and security
Personal Privacy AND Collective Responsibility
Understanding the difference between Needs and Wants
Value courage and character above Color
A free market where the player follow the rules

It is after all a time to HOPE



My favorite quote," The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free ."

1 comment:

PunditMom said...

Yes, as you said at my place, if only Fox News was gone, too!