Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sunrise Sunset




I wake up on these November mornings and drive Kaylee to college at GVSU, and myself to work-in the dark. The days blooms as I pull into the parking lot at school and some days I have time to pause and watch the sun rise and spill it's golden rays over the countryside. Just before 5:00 I pick Kaylee up and sometimes we get to see the sun set-usually as we pass through downtown.

Living on one side of town and working on the other allows one to see many parts of the city. It is an almost magical place at sunrise and sunset. As the colors dance and play along the skyline is gives the place a touch of wonder-of promise. Soon the trees will be wrapped in a cool white blanket. To witness these daily little miracles one cannot help but marvel at God's work. It amazes me that science is often so in contrast in religion when one only has to behold the magic in the everyday events to see the greater power behind them. I expereince these moments and it brings to mind how precious is the place we call home. In that special place between earth and sky, between the known and the believed... lies a resting place for our souls. In thanksgiving for this day...I remain...in Your Grace




2 comments:

PunditMom said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for stopping by my place for some politics!

Kelley Irish said...

Always interesting hearing differing views!