Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sometimes you just gotta look up.










Hey Elections are over! I for one got to the point I no longer cared who won-I simply wanted the commericals to stop. I figure with the Wall Street melt down, record unemployment we have no place to go but UP! So here's hoping.


My sister-in-law Terri (who retired and then was told by the township she worked for they would not give her the promised retirement,) finally saw a bit of justice. She ran for and won the race for Kalamazoo Township Supervisor. She is now in charge of the very people she once worked for. You gotta love America!

Meanwhile back in the neighborhood tha gang had a wonderful trick or treat-and we had weather in the upper 60's! The past week hs been in the 70's and I can't remember a nicer fall. The first quarter is completed and I graded 310 children with a letter grade, conduct and effort marks. Then promptly got the flu from all the late nights. So home sick today with no voice.







Tim is loving his job-I love the fact he soon gets a pay check! And it's hard to believe we have to start looking towards Christmas time. That way we look at things in terms of red and green instead of red and blue!

Mr. Tim answers the door! Two full containers of Bailey's Irish Cream. Cinda, Sue and I took 5 kids out for treats. We met a new neighbor and got to see their lovely house on the river Wow za! They have 2 children. Dr. Dave sat in the drive handing out beers to the Mom's and Dad who trick or treated! Tim was a Starwars Jedi, Samie was a chef, Cinda Poor white trash, Marshall a football player, little Roman a dalmation doggie. This year with the great weather we had lots of trick or treaters-about 30! Of course Miss Katie's dragon guarded the house, and Ms Kelley took pictures!



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok. It's official. I'm crying.

The song, Miss Katie's dragon, the pictures, the neighbors, the sense of total belonging and community. I really, really, really miss all of it.

Love you guys and hope to see you at Christmas. We fly in to DTW December 27, and are staying until January 10. Wish it were longer, but Katie starts back to school.

Miss you!!!

Lisa

Kelley Irish said...

You are still part of the neighborhood-we all still think of you- If I win lotto you will have a cotage here!