Friday, November 21, 2008

Family Sucess Stories

I Teach Tech


In the profession life of a teacher there are no yearly bonus checks, and very little positive feedback on how well we do our job. So I was very pleasantly surprised to have an article my kids at St. Mark wrote last year published in the Macul Journal, and next door to it a Spotlight profile on my teaching philosophy. If you read the article my kids wrote you will see me refereed to as Kelley Irish which is my on-line screen name. The Spotlight however uses my real name. I share them here not to brag (well maybe a little) but to show off all the wonderful learning projects and skills teachers use to help reach, motivate and teach their classes.

Terri Mellinger Kalamazoo Township Supervisor


The township officials who first offered and then took away Terri's retirement-now work for her. You have to hand it to Terri-when the township started to close meetings and go against their own policies-Terri did not take it laying down. Instead she ran for office and now has the ability to illicit positive change Congratulations to the new township Supervisor and my Sister in law Terri DeBoer Mellinger! After all that township put her through-she is still dedicated to making things better!

Christa Plans on Getting Married

Congratulations to Christa and her fiancee . I believe they have 7 months until they get married

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my Mom!
Timmy