Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back To School

Time for Grading Sheets and Spreadsheets

The three most dreaded words that any child could hear"Back to School"...and for a few moments before the faithful day I return to teaching ...they seem to hold the same sting for me. Don't get me wrong I love my job, enjoy the kids and still finding teaching a rewarding career in the intellectual sense if not the financial one. But..... in truth I shall miss:


...those mornings I could roll over and finish an especially good dream.
...floating in my shady pool just dipping my feet into the water every now and again to stay cool.
...reading entire chapters without interruption.
...catching fireflies with my Timmy.
...rowing down the Thornapple River and watching the deer swim.
...stopping a Sundae's at the Cottage for an icy.
...watching the garden butterflies and wondering about all the places they have been.
...sewing in the cool basement .
...making chalk drawings with my youngest.
...spraying my unsuspecting children with the garden hose on especially hot days.
...sitting outside and seeing the Whitecaps win.
...swimming in the pool with Miss Katie.
...wine coolers on the Patio with Cynda.
...dancing in the moonlite with the man I love.
...riding my bike down to the camel hump bridge.
Goodbye summer:)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How about the hoot of the barn owls. Or, better yet, trying to cultivate "craftiness" in your less-than-crafty former neighbor!! Hi, Deboers!! We're back online and Katie enjoyed seeing all the pictures from the last couple of months. We miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Gee where did the summer go?