Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve


Like so many people this year I can't help but bid a fair ado to 2011. For our family it was a year of pay cuts, attacks against teachers, teachers employment rights, longer hours less pay, repairs on the car-again and again, pool repairs, painting, and replacing facets, and appliances. Timmy had the teacher from Hell and was bullied at his old school, and Kaylee moved to New Jersey sending a horrible letter complaining about her childhood.  The downgrade in medical coverage that happened at the same time the portion of insurance increased to 300 dollars a month, and the drug copay's up to 40 dollars. I simply can't afford to take all the medication the doctor prescribes.  My hubby's health continues to provide us with challenges, my sister-in=law continues to fight for her very life, my uncle's cancer is gaining on him, my cousin Skip died, and my aunt is struggling to walk. The diagnosis of Diabetes is still kicking my behind.

However 2011 also held some blessings. My cousin Tara moved back to GR, her husband graduated from medical school, and I bought a new car. I enjoyed seeing my family. Jamie came home for a visit, Timmy adjusted very well to Forest Hills and made the honor roll. I enjoyed taking riding lessons and going horseback riding. A trip to Disney with Timmy was wonderful and the first vacation I had in 10 years.

I close out this new year taking my aunts to church and returning home to toast the new year with my husband. HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. So goodbye 2011

No comments: