Monday, September 3, 2007

September is...

*butterflies in bloom.
*time to wake up at 6:15 and be out the door before 7:00.
*carmel apples all guey and chewy.
*leaves turning color and dancing in the sunlight.
*shorter hours of daylight with a longer list of things to get done.
*school buses filled with giggling children.
*the last and best sweet corn fresh from the farms.
*time to close the pool...no I say..no...not the..gulp...pool????????
*soccer practice, playdates, open houses, PTO, and teacher phone calls.
*Saturdays at Ada park to tree watch.
*the marking of yet anther school year.
*counting the days until it is summer again!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I always thought it was the first week of September where there was a noticeable change in the angle of the sun. The sunsets seemed to transform before my eyes from the burning intensity of summer, to the kinder, gentler sunsets of fall. For most people I think it's the end of something, but, for me, it always felt like a new beginning; probably because I have an October birthday and fall is my favorite time of year in Michigan (which I'm missing right now, if you must know). Missing the Deboers, too, after looking at pictures with Katie of Halloween last year. Save us some Smarties!!

Love,
Lisa