Saturday, October 11, 2008

Family Updates


Tim's Mom had successful surgery. We are waiting to hear when it is okay to visit her. We are thankful our prayers were answered and she came through her surgery so well.

Tim has accepted a Job Offer which is an answer to a 14 month long prayer. We celebrated by buying Timmy a new pair of shoes. (His were 1 and a half sizes to small).

Jamie is working as the photographer for the California Academy of Science. He is having a ball and as he likes to say-It's a real job! I miss him so much. It has been 17 month since I have been able to hug my first born son. No matter how old they become -they are still our kids.

KayLee is engaged and planning on a summer 2010 Wedding. She is in her 3rd year at Grand Valley. Next semester will be the first student loan she has had to take out. Unfortunately we did not anticipate the rate increase in Tution with our financial planner. But as Kaylee says at least 2 1/2 years were paid for. (She still longs for a car)

Timmy is doing well at St. Mark Lutheran where he is on scholarship As you recall I worked there 2 days a week for 5 years-and only this past year got transfered to St. Anthony's full time. He is in a class of 11 students so he get lots of help and they have done wonders with his hand writing. The best part-no MEAP Prep. He has memorized more bible verse than I have in a lifetime. He now declares himseld to be 1/2 Catholic and 1/2 Lutheran. No worries though.. Daddy will keep him Catholic!

I have recovered from the dreaded Brown Recluse soider bite, shingles and all the complications that followed. I am now at St Anthony's 5 days a week instead of the 4 ,I was last year. I miss my St. Mark School and the kids there who were like family, but am embracing the 5 day challenge. I won 2 grants this school year so far-One Called Michigan Champions for Technology Training, and another to do GPS Tracking with students from MMECIC. I am now being published monthly in England and have gathered a bit of a follwoing in my educational Blog site.

Extended Family News:
Kelley's Side
Miss Katie visited in July and she and Mr. Tim were quite the pair. We miss Lisa and Gary but enjoy keeping up with them through their blog. Lisa is well on her way to becoming a writier. Gary is up for partner around January.- Although I do still pray they move back. Our little Katie is in pre-school already, and as Tim says growing up without us.

Aaron and wife Cheryl had a beautiful baby girl (Van Weelde Clan), and Jeremy and his Casey also have a new addition to the Manning clan. (That's 3 for Jeremy) With Tara's baby born earlier this year, and Jean's baby that brings us up to 4 new babies to add to the Manning clan, this past year. Justin and Sara Manning have moved back from Florida and now have a lovely home in Cascade. I bleieve Sara and Justin are working at Spectrum Health. Congrat's to Jeremy on his Pharmacy Degree!

Aunt Klio decided to work a bit longer and put off retiring because she loves those 14 hour days:) Sam is still working part itme as well. It's all about the medical insurance for sure. Aunt Jean Popma is loving her luttle apartment and busy with church and leading the swim classes at the YMCA. I hope when I am 80 I have her energy and drive! Susie is still copying with her illness. Remember to keep her in constant prayer. Cliff has retired and Christine is working part tiem. They are enjoying spending time with grandbaby Austin.

Tim's Side

Our Neice Whitney is engaged and planning a wedding in the near future and our neice Christa is also engaged and planning a summer 2008 wedding. Jacob is in his final year of High school and runs his own Karatee School. Bz is doing well in school and dating-every uncle's nightmare-someone dating his neice.
Manning Family Christmas is scheduled for December 7th We are hoping everyone can attend so we can get a good picture of the entire famiy. Maybewe can even talk the Florida cousins into coming up.
Memories of this Past Summer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Tim found a job! I am glad things are going so well for you. You guys deserve nothing but good things. :)

Tara

Anonymous said...

Great website!

Wow - Tim accepted a job offer - I am so excited for him!

I'll have to warn Dave on the spider's - he gets spider bites quite often. He did have shingles about 10 years ago - me when I was 14.

This weekend we kayaked in Mesick MI. Came home early so Dave can attend class at JC.

Mari

Kelley Irish said...

He should start in about two weeks. He will be audit Supervisor for the Health care division. He will be working for a good friend and neighbor of ours. He is ready-even though it will mean giving up his Wednesday afternoon radio show.

Lisa said...

Ok, I finally have 5 minutes alone to sit down and type this: Thank you, God, for answering our many prayers for this incredible family!

It was a long time coming and I know neither of you have yet taken that long, slow sigh of relief. It may actually be a number of months down the road. But you will take it. Now, it's assured. You will take it!!

Kelley, my prayers for you have never stopped. I love you guys like family and, in many ways, you have been that to me and then some. I adore you both and look forward to hearing more laughter and lightness from The Deboers. You both deserve it so very much.

I love you and miss you guys. Hope to see you sometime after Christmas.

Lisa