Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shingles

So-we all know the brown recluse spider is a demon! What we didn't know is that it plays havoc with our immune system which it wealkens. So now enter the shingles. My entire arm and an especially red area on my hands has raised white blisters on a red background. It feels like a root canal throbbing all over my arm.

Doctor number 3 at the hospital puts me on a entire new set of med's. I won't get into the ucky details- you can look them up if interested. Basically I can only type with one hand, and my left arm is raw with needles pickling. And I am told 3-5 weeks to recover.....

Okay God--enough already right!!!! Meanwhile I am giving the icemaker a workout-and offering the suffering up to the Lord. My grandma used to say in all this pain there must be a lesson somewhere-so if you figure out what the lesson is-someone please tell me.

When Last I posted I saw a light at the end of the tunnel-little did I know it was the light from a freight train about to drive over the top of me.

Tim has job interview number 3-dare I hope!

(Music up playing an old county song...I hear that train a coming...it's coming down the track..)

2 comments:

Geoff Dellow said...

Hi Kelly,

The answers are many!:

One Going through something like this no matter how hard helps you build up your reserves to cope in the future. When lesser problems crop up in the future , whereas others will say"How terrible!" you will say "That's nothing compared with the time I had shingles"

Two. You are obviosly coping to a degree, so you are developing a "Don't let the buggers get you down approach" which will be great in the future when something major goes wrong - losing an arm , going blind . . .

Three No matter what is not working there are always other parts of your mind and body that are. This is your chance to analyse what you can still do and perhaps develop a new skill that you don't have a present:

Learning Chinese especially how to swear.

Playing chess better.

Playing the organ with your feet.

Dancing to music.

Swimming a mile without using your arms

Solving maths problems

Reading a lot

Going on the internet to learn about 'stuff'

Feeling better?

Or worse!

etc etc

Lisa said...

Kelley dearest - I can't offer nearly the insight (or rib tickling humor) of the last comment. All I can say is we say a little prayer for you every night. Blast that spider!!

We love and miss you.

L.