Monday, July 16, 2007

Take Me out to The Ball Game

Our departing neighbors gifted us with Whitecap tickets. Now most of you have heard me over the years compare watching a baseball game to watching paint dry, so I am sure you are surprised to find out that I actually went to the game. Tim was busy doing his D.J. thing so Cinda and I packed up Samie and Timmy and battled the construction traffic on I-196 to make our way to 5th 3rd ballpark...a.k.a. fraction field. A mother and kidlet playdate.


I have to admit I was perhaps mistaken about America's Favorite past time. The atmosphere of hot dogs, snow cones, people dressed up in caps and wearing baseball gloves was a bit like something out of the movies. Cynda explained the "Stats" on each player and Timmy was hooked-give that child numbers and probablity and his attention is captured. I on the other hand enjoyed all the foul balls that popped into the stands, listened to the banter of the young couples behind us, and saw a team actually win a game-live and in person. Don't even get me started on their bumble bee uniforms (I was told costumes was not the correct term), the paper napkin give away and all the audience participation games. It was... in the words of my 9 year old- "actually quite fun". Especially since the following day I painted the gate and had to wait for the paint to dry, before I could give it a second coat. Baseball beats doing that, hands down.



We routed for our home team and they won. 3 Home runs in one inning! In case you want to keep up with our Whitecaps here is their link:

http://www.whitecaps-baseball.com/

See ya at the Ball Park:)

No comments: